- Perimeter of rectangles, parallelograms, triangles, trapezoids, circles.
- Area of rectangles, parallelograms, triangles, trapezoids, circles, and figures with mixed areas.
- Volume of prisms, pyramids, cylinders, cones
- Designed with a game- and puzzle- and test-writing teacher in mind. This is what I, Agnes
Azzolino, use to
generate problems, and
complete computation for answer keys and games and puzzles.
- Contains pieces of other spreadsheets.
- Includes, arithmetic, prealgebra, algebra, some geometry, trig and triangles, statistics.
- Same as compute.xls but with completed puzzles
- Properties of determinants.
- EVALUATE A DETERMINANT.
2 by2 determinant - graphic and hot determinant
3 by 3 determinant by augmented columns - graphic and hot determinant
3 by 3 or higher determinant evaluated by minors - graphic
- Solve Linear System in Two Unknowns by Cramer's Rule.
- Solve Linear System in Three Unknowns by Cramer's Rule.
- Compute each of the 6 possible ways of computing the 3x3 determinant by minors.
Given a set of test scores:
- Sorts scores.
- Computes mean.
- Computes standard deviation.
- Computes curved cut off scores.
- Compute z-scores.
gradet.xls (grade test)
- Compute yearly, semiyearly, quarterly, monthly, daily, and every minute given initial principal, rate, and time.
- Solve for P, P0, r, t, but not n, for instantaneous and non-instantaneous interest.
- Graph two exponential curves w/user entry of parameters.
- Input number correct , total number, and grade range and the % and letter grades are stated.
- Using mean and standard deviation, curve a set of tests.
- Enter 3 raw 2nd quarter grades, the 1st quarter grade, and the midterm and get the 1st semester grade.
- Provides the user with a table of 10, 20, or 30 cells and a graphed function.
- The user must edit the function then paste it to the other y-cells to draw a new graph.
- Convert inches, picas, points, and millimeters for use in printing and page layout and design.
- Add 1x3, 2x3, 2x2, 3x3, or up to 5x5 arrays using matrix rules. Subtract up to 5x5.
- Multiply a 1x3 times a 3x1, a 2x3 times a 3x1, a 2x2 times a 2x2, a 3x3 times a 3x3, and conformable m by n times a n by p
- Multiply a 1x3 by a 3x2, a 2x3 by a 3x2, and a 2x3 by a 3x3 with color-coding to show the origin of each factor.
- Compute inverse of 2x2 or 3x3. Contains notes & worksheet.
- Answer key to worksheet and notes on computation of 3 by 3 inverse.
- UNDER CONSTRUCTION 3x3 inverse derivation
- Row transformation to find inverse
- Solve system by inverse, 2x2, 3x3
- Matrix vs. Cramer's Rule to Solve a 3x3
- UNDER CONSTRUCTION Solve system, Gauss-Jordan elimination
- User & Spread sheet jointly use row transformation to find inverse
- Graphs line given m, b, starting x, increment in x.
- Does the above and also graphs a line given 2 points & computes the slope and y-intercept given the 2 points.
- Graph a polynomial defined by degrees and coefficients.
y= anxn + an -1xn -1 + an - 2xn -2 + an - 3xn -3 + an - 4xn - 4 + an - 5xn - 5 + an-6xn - 6 + an -7xn -7
- Graph a polynomial displayed in factored form.
y = A(x - b)B(x - c)C(x - d)D
- Synthetically divide and then view the quotient polynomial and remainder.
Divide (anxn + an -1xn -1 + an - 2xn -2 + an - 3xn -3 + an - 4xn - 4 + an - 5xn - 5 + an-6xn - 6 + an -7xn -7) ÷ (x-c)
- Solves linear or quadratic equations. Multiplies 2 binomials or 3 binomials.
- The prime factorization of whole numbers from 2 to 122 in two displays.
- Whole numbers from 1 to 1000 with primes highlighted.
This page is arrange to show that:
ALL PRIMES, OTHER THAN 2 AND 3, MUST BE ONE MORE OR ONE LESS THAN A MULTIPLE OF 6.
- Whole numbers from 1 to 1002 with primes highlighted.
- The times tables up through 50 x 30
- Examine Pythagorean Triangles -- triangles with "nice" sides, generated because:
If p > q,
then p and q may be used to generate the right triangle with
leg a = p2 - q2,
leg b = 2pq, and
hypotenuse c = p2 + q2.
- For Heronian triangles see:
Pythagorean Triples graphics
- Heronian Triangles -- 2 right triangles butted up together and sharing a common side.
for all x, generate triples
for all even x, generate triples
Heronian triangles are a pair of right triangles with a "shared side."
- Enter h, k, and a to generate general form and x-intercepts.
- Multiply 2 binomials to find the product, vertex, discriminant.
- Solve a quadratic equation by entering the required constants and coefficients.
- Write general form in quadratic form.
- Graph and table of (Axm)/(Bxn)
Watch the power of the top or bottom equal or dominate the other.
Examine hoirzontal asymptotes or infinite increase or decrease.
Think endbehavior and explore.
- Graph and table of rational function, polynomial A(x) divided by B(x).
Examine the role of factors A(x) and 1/B(x).
- Graph and table of rational functions written as A(x) / B(x) + C(x)
Really play with C(x), the asymptote
- Complete synthetic division and rewrite of quotient and remainder.
- Graphs y=Asin(Bx-C) +D, where A, B, C, D are input values.
- Scatter-Plots y=Atan(Bx-C)+D, where A, B, C, D are input values.
- Graphs two sine functions where A, B, C, D are input values.
- Graphs one sine function and one cosine function where where A, B, C, D are input values.
- Solve a right triangle.
- Solve a 45-45-90 triangle.
Input leg a. Seek a leg and hypotenuse.
Input side c. Seek two legs.
- Solve a 30-60-90 triangle.
Input leg a. Seek a leg and hypotenuse.
Input leg b. Seek a leg and hypotenuse.
Input side c. Seek the hypotenuse.
- Use Pythagorean Theorem and arithmetic and basic trig.
Input leg a and leg b. Seek the hypotenuse and the angles.
Input hypotenuse c and leg a. Seek a leg and the angles.
Input angle A and side a. Seek a leg, side, and hypotenuse.
- Solve any triangle.
Use the Sine Law, if a side and the opposite angle are given.
Input angles A , B, side a. Seek two sides and an angle.
Input angle A , side a, side b. Seek two angles and a side.
- Use the Law of Cosines.
Input sides a, b, c. Seek each angle.
Input angle A , sides b,c. Seek no solution, 1 solution, or 2 solutions.
- mean and (by spread sheet and table) the standard deviation.
- z-score and stanine.
- area under standard normal and normal curves above or below a z-score or x-score or
within an interval.
- the x-score or z-score given a probability.
- Completes synthetic division on a quadratic or a higher order polynomial divided by a linear binomial.
- resultant given 2 vectors automatically and manipulatively.
- polar coordinates given rectangular coordinates.
- rectangular coordinates given polar coordinates.
- ALSO SEE polrect.xls, a Digital Manipulative
Digital manipulatives are now available as movable
graphics (digital tokens) on a spreadsheet. They are ideal for the teacher to use as a model even without
the student using them as manipulatives. They are useful for writing tests (including graphics), and for
students to complete projects or labs.
Save and edit a copy for yourself (for not-for-profit purposes), but keep the
original copy right, author and source page on the table of contents where you also might add note.
Learn how to
insert a picture in a spread sheet
use or write a DIGITAL MANIPULATIVE spread sheet or just use these.
- "Hundreds Board for Web and Classroom Projection" -- both the traditional board and the integer board are available.
100s.xls -- Hundreds Board
abacus.xls -- Chinese, Japanese, Roman, etc.
areaf.xls -- Area formulas for a rectangle, parallelogram, triangle, trapezoid, circle.
coins.xls -- Heads and tails of penny, nickel, dime, quarter, half- and silver dollars, imprinted with cent value or plain.
bases.xls -- cubes for the 0, 1st, 2nd, 3rd powers of 2, 3, 4, 5, and 10 and coins (0, 1st, 2nd, powers of 5 and base 10).
fract.xls -- Movable fraction bars from 1/1 to 1/15 on multiple sheets.
deck.xls -- A deck of cards.
dice.xls -- A single die, or pair of dice, sample space and "rollable."
hands.xls -- shekels, tokens, in one or two hands.
hyro.xls -- contains glyphs, cartuches, a column, and pre made phrases with which to create "hyroglyphic" messages.
jig1.xls -- UNIT CIRCLE JIG SAW PUZZLE
napierb.xls -- Napier's Bones for multiplication, division, square roots, with instructions.
nomogrf.xls -- Nomograph for whole, signed, fraction, decimal computation.
polrect.xls -- Vector addition with moveable vectors and with spread sheet computations.
sinelaw.xls -- sine law digital manipulative
slide.xls -- slide rules for decimal and fraction addition and subtraction and for log computation (unfinished).
strips.xls -- Multiple strips & fraction bars.
42.xls -- Game for 2 Players, uses mental computation and words like multiple, reciprocal, cube, double, prime, ...
sumelse.xls -- Sum Thing Else Game, keep a match and go again. The most matches wins the game.
- Term Tiles & Tokens
create.xls -- for students, though it includes no active hot cells and only some of the "manipulative graphics."
hot.xls -- for students, and includes active hot cells of tiles.xls and only some of the "manipulative graphics."
tiles.xls -- for the parent, teacher, professional educator contains ALL "manipulative graphics" and active hot cells.
trans.xls -- contains symbols of phonetic transcriptions and index of sounds.
signalf.xls -- signal flags and Morse Code