- Mother: of Michael Anthony Vinik: 7/16/79 - present;
- President, author, consultant, lecuturer, webmaster:
MATHEMATICAL CONCEPTS, inc.;
- Chair: AMTNJ Algebra Initiative: 10/98 - present.
- AMATYC 1997 Award for Teaching Excellence,
Mid-Atlantic Region Recipient.
- MATYCNJ 1999 Outstanding Service Award
-       Standard Math Teacher Certificate (NJ), and
-       Supervisor Certificate (NJ)
- HIGH SCHOOL:
- Northern Valley Reg. HS, 9/72-6/73;
- Randolph HS, 9/73-6/75;
- Piscataway HS, 9/75-6/79;
- ADULT SCHOOL:
- Paramus PS, 3/76;
- West Morris Central PS, 10/77
- DAY CARE:
- Math Lady, MCC DCC, 9/85-5/90;
- Middlesex CC, 9/80 - present;
- Rutgers, '88 (Adjunct Faculty);
- Montclair SC, '89 (Graduate Asst.);
- INSERVICE: in Hackensack, Lakewood, Jackson,
Franklin Township, E. Brunswick, Bayonne,
Swedesboro, Plainfield, Newark, Belleville,
Roselle Park, Neptune, and others places.
ICME-7; NCTM, MAA-NJ, ATOMIC, NADE, NJADE, AMTNJ, NJEA, MAA-SIAM-AMS, NCSM,
conferences at Fairleigh Dickenson U, Montclair State College, Moravian College, Brookdale CC, Rutgers U, Suffolk University, Raritan Valley CC.
MATYC: (Writing to Learn Mathematics) 10/89;
(Writing to Learn Mathematics) 8/90,
(Making Mathematics More Concrete: Manipulatives) 8/91.
- PRESIDENT: Mathematics Association of Two-Year Colleges of New Jersey, '86-'87, '95-'96;
- CHAIR: NCTM EMC "How To" Series '85-'87;
- MEMBER: MATYCNJ '88, '90 Teacher of the Year Committee;
- MEMBER: Editorial Panel The AMATYC Review;
- GHOST WRITER: Kirchoff-Wohlberg, '85;
- 3RD VP, AMTNJ, 10/98-10/99;
- REVIEWER: NCTM Mathematics Teacher, Arithmetic Teacher, Journal for Research in Mathematics Education;
- MEMBER: NCTM Educational Materials Committee '84-'87;
- PARTICIPANT: Working Conf. on Adult Literacy, 3/94;
- VP for Two-Year Colleges, MAA-NJ Section, 11/90 - 11/92;
- FOUNDING EDITOR: AFT Faculty in Focus, 3/94-8/96;
- GRADUATE ASSISTANT: Montclair SC: School of Education, '71-'72; Math Dept. '88-'89;
- CHAIR: NCTM Task Force on Mathematical Literacy for Adults: 9/91 - 6/92;
- MAA-NJ Speakers Bureau: 9/86 - 9/96;
- COCOORDINATOR: Women And Mathematics NY/NJ Region, 8/91 - 8/94. Speaker: '89 - present;
- DIPLOMA: Westwood HS, Westwood, NJ, 6/67;
- STUDENT TEACHER: Ridgewood Senior HS, 1/71-6/71;
- BA (MATH ED): Montclair SC, 5/71;
- MA (MATH ED): Montclair SC, 5/77;
- ADDITIONAL COURSE WORK AT: Rutgers U; Jersey City SC; Teachers College, CU, Middlesex CC.
- PARTICIPANT: Fractals, Chaos, and Dynamics ... A Hands-On Experience, Princeton Plasma Physic Lab, '93;
- NJ Dept of Higher Ed. Summer Institutes:
- ESL and the Content Areas, '88 and Calculus, '89;
- Center for the Study of Writing in New Jersey, '87;
- NSF Calculator Institute, Teachers College, Columbia University, '77-'78;
- NSF Calculators in the County College Institute, Union CC, NJ - Clemson U, SC, '91-'92;
- NSF Computer Algebra Systems Institute, Clemson U., Clemson, SC, '92;
- TRAINED: Hands-On-Equations , SHARP 9300, HP 28, 38G, 48S, TI81, ...
- Sharp Calculator Institute: '94, '95;
- HP38G Calculator Institute: '95.
"Pythagoras on Pyramids," Mathematics Teacher,
NCTM, Vol 74, No 7;
Many Connect-the-Dots Puzzles in Summation,
"Peer Teaching in a General Math Program," NJ Math Teacher,
AMTNJ, Vol 34, No 2;
"Our Winners," NJ Math Teacher,
AMTNJ, Vol 41, No 2;
"Suggestions," NJ Math Teacher,
AMTNJ, Vol 45, No 1;
"A Handy Adding Machine." Instructor,
Vol 88, No 3;
"Friendly," NJ Math Teacher,
AMTNJ, Vol 50, No 2;
"Under Cover", NJ Math Teacher,
AMTNJ, Vol 41, No 1 & 2, Vol 42, No 1 & 2;
"It Worked!", NJ Math Teacher,
AMTNJ, Vol 32, No 2;
Graphing with Manipulatives,
© 1991, MC,i.;
"Find the Circle," NYS Mathematics Teachers' Journal,
Vol 37, No 3;
Using Writing to Learn Mathematics," The AMATYC Review
Vol. 9, No 1, Fall/Winter '87;
"WRITING It's not just for English classes anymore,"
NJEA Review, NJEA, Vol 62, No. 4;
"Writing in Mathematics," Poole, Barbara, Intermediate Algebra,
© 1989, Prentice-Hall, Inc., xv-xix;
"Writing as a Tool for Teaching Mathematic: The Silent Revolution," NCTM
1990 Yearbook, NCTM, 1990;
Mathematics and Humor,
Azzolino, Silvey, Hughs, 1978, NCTM;
Math Games for the Young Child,
© 1985, MC,i.;
Math Games for Adult and Child,
© 1993, MC,i.;
How to Use Writing to Teach Mathematics,
© 1987, Azzolino, MC,i;
Problem Solving Activities Made to N-Joy,
with others, 1980, AMTNJ;
"Dear Aggie: Letters to a Teacher," Innovations Abstract,
© 1991, NISOD, Vol 13, No.28.
The TI Eighty-Something and Teaching Mathematics:
An Inservice Manual, 1993, MC,i.;
Exploring Functions through
the Use of Manipulatives, 1994, MC,i.;
Math Spoken Here!,
1987, 1995 Azzolino;
Math Shown Here!,
"A Journey with Self-Assessment as a Compass,"
The AMATYC Review Vol. 18, No 1, Fall '96.
The Hundreds Board,
"Flexagons and Kaleidocycles"
"Two Heads and a Black Shoulder 'Verbalization,'"
NJ Math Teacher, AMTNJ, Vol 55, No 1
"Name: How to Handle Exponents"
NJ Math Teacher, AMTNJ, Vol 55, No 1.
NJ Math Teacher, AMTNJ, Vol 56, No 1.
"The Languages of the Mathematic Classroom"
"MATH SPOKEN HERE & "Aunt Sally"
- Presented as a paper October 23, 1998 at the AMTNJ Annual Meeting
- Presented as a web page December 31, 1998
"Browsing on the Internet is
Like Driving on the Interstate"
- A web page on CD -- A tutorial on Order of Operations, 10/99
NJ Math Teacher, AMTNJ, Vol 57, No 1.
NJ Math Teacher, AMTNJ, Vol 57, No 1.