The Hundreds Board
© '98, '01, Agnes Azzolino
It's the Most Valuable Manipulative in Elementary School Mathematics!
It may be used when teaching:
- number recognition and coding,
- place value,
- pre multiplication,
- multiples and factoring,
- pattern recognition,
- integer addition or subtraction.
It may even be used to play math BINGO!
This page serves these purposes:
- To act as an introduction to Addition on the Hundreds Board.
- One of the dialects of the concrete mathematics language is that of
the Hundreds Board. The Addition on the Hundreds Board Page gives
you a taste of the power of this language.
- To link to Hundreds Board you might experiment with on the web.
- To link to Hundreds Board as a DIGITAL MANIPULATIVE, or MathToken.
- To provides you with a copy of the Hundreds Board.
- You are welcome to download it and use it as desired. The graphics
are larger than the ones displayed here. Click on the graphic to see the enlargement.
Print the enlargement with your browser. If you need help in
working with the figure, email me at:
© 2005, 2010, Agnes Azzolino