FINALLY PLEASE READILY EXCUSE MY DEAR AUNT SALLY
- page 11, FINALLY ... MY DEAR AUNT SALLY Gaining Mastery
|There Are Two Versions of This Page.
The Evalution Version, this page, is used to
check answers and look at work.
The Printable Version, the next page, is a clean copy
for pencil & paper work.
On the buttons below, A = answer, C = check, W = work.
|"Please answer these questions."
1. State the Order of Operations.
- 3.   Simplify each expression.
- 5. Simplify. 4 + 5 · [ 4 + 8 ÷ 2 ÷ 2]
- 6. Simplify.
- 7. the square root of the sum of four squared, three to the zero power, and two cubed
- a. Write using arithmetic symbols.
- b. Simplify.
- 8.    On the last page, absolute value and square
root were written using abs(argument) and sqrt(argument) so that the idea could be typewritten
on one line without special math symbols. Please simplify the expression written using this
code used by calculators, computers, and web pages. NOTE: The symbol * is used to indicate
multiplication. The / symbol indicates division.
- 5 + 4 * ( sqrt((10+3)*(16-3) - 12/2*2*12)/10 + abs(3 - 1/2))
- 9.     In the last problem, web page code was mentioned.
- 1st: Visit the Functions and Operations page
- 2nd: Use your browser to access the code which produces the page by pressing: [VIEW] then [SOURCE].
- 3rd: Scroll through the code to see things like
- Math.abs(argument) which indicates absolute value and
- Math.sqrt(argument) which indicates square root.
- 4th: Close the Notepad© file which displays the code.
© 2005, Agnes Azzolino