Calc Questionbook - The Project
© '03, A. Azzolino
The project focuses on written and oral communications skills and mastery of some topic
in mathematics. Some project related questions are completed in class,others "at home," others in the instructor's
office. They include: choosing a topic, rough draft, final draft, presentation, extra problem, web page.
The project includes:
- a 10-minute oral presentation to the class with a not-longer-than-2-page handout.
- preparation and submission of a draft of the hand-out for the presentation.
- conferences with the instructor to finalize the presentation and hand-out.
- presentation of the project to the class.
- an additional question and answer which might be used as a test question on your project.
- creation of a web page with final handout content.
The project questions are:
- Choose and obtain the instructor's approval of a project
topic for a 10-minute algebra lecture.
- Pr2.& Pr3.
- Obtain approval of the a 2-page, 8-1/2" x 11" paper, draft of your
Notes should include:
- The Title
- Your Name
- notes on how this is done with examples
- notes on why this is done
- a set of typical question (and answers)
- Have a conference with the instructor about the focus, content, and
presentation of your project.
- Obtain approval of the final version of your notes.
- Make your presentation to the class.
- Write and answer, after you have made your oral presentation, one
additional test or exam question of "B student difficulty."
- After approval of final draft, create a web page using this content.
Some of the Possible Project Topics or Titles